Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

‘Have discussed with ICC, CA about resumption of Indo-Pak matches’ Usman Khawaja

Karachi: Australia’s Usman Khawaja has revealed that he has discussed with the International Cricket Council (ICC) and Cricket Australia (CA) about the resumption of India and Pakistan bilateral matches.

While talking on his YouTube channel, the Pakistan-born Australian cricketer said that he misses seeing India vs Pakistan bilateral matches.

“The thing I miss most about international cricket and I know growing up watching my parents watch with, my dad watching cricket, it’s the India vs Pakistan matches. I absolutely hate the fact that it doesn’t happen anymore. I think it’s the biggest thing that cricket is missing and it’ll be such an amazing thing if we can get those two countries to play again.”

“It’s something I’ve been pushing with the ICC. I’ve had chats with the people at the ICC about this. I’ve had chats with Cricket Australia about this. I think it’s the one thing that can bring the two countries together,” he added.

It must be noted that Pakistan and India last played in a bilateral series back in 2012-13 in India. They have faced each other in ICC competitions since then.

India and Pakistan will face off against each other in the upcoming ICC T20 World Cup on October 24.

Also read: ‘Money Talks’ Australia’s Usman Khawaja supports Pakistan



from ARYSports.tv https://ift.tt/2ZIJhKl

Post a Comment

0 Comments